The CCNP Security certification qualifies you for present professional-level job positions in security technologies. CCNP Security comprises automation and programmability to enable you to measure your security infrastructure. One of the industry’s most prestigious certifications, Cisco Certified Network Professional confirms the core knowledge you require while giving you the chance to pick a focus area.
Overview of CCNP Security Certification
To achieve CCNP Security certification, you need to pass two exams: a core exam and a security concentration exam of your preference.
- The core exam addresses your understanding of security infrastructure. The core exam is also the prerequisite exam to be eligible for CCIE Security certification. Passing the Cisco Certified Network Professional Security core exam helps toward obtaining both of these certifications.
- Concentration exams center on rising and industry-specific topics.
CCNP Security Exams
- 300-710 SNCF: Securing Networks with Cisco Firepower Next-Generation Firewall
- 300-715 SISE: Implementing and Configuring Cisco Identity Services Engine
- 300-720 SESA: Securing Email with Cisco Email Security Appliance
- 300-725 SWSA: Securing the Web with Cisco Web Security Appliance
- 300-730 SVPN: Implementing Secure Solutions with Virtual Private Networks
- 300-735 SAUTO: Implementing Automation for Cisco Security Solutions
There are no official prerequisites for the CCNP Security exams, but preferably, applicants will have three to five years of experience implementing security solutions.
Recertification is a crucial factor that you and your organization have kept up with recent technology trends and confirmed your skills at the stringent level of the real certification exam. All certifications will have a three-year recertification time limit.
- Pass one technology core exam
- Pass any two professional concentration exams
- Pass one CCIE lab exam
- Obtain 80 Continuing Education Credits
CCNP Security Exam Tips
Among tips that both applicants and professionals have efficiently taken the exam recommend are:
- To have a solid grasp of the exam syllabus topics, make sure that you entirely study all the syllabus topics of the CCNP Security exam you are taking. This guarantees that you have a solid base, therefore, a more casual time when covering different topics.
- Take as many CCNP Security exam practice tests as possible to familiarize yourself with the hacks needed in answering Cisco Certified Network Professional Security exam questions. Practice tests also help in identifying where you are lacking, thus revising definite CCNP Security syllabus topics. After identifying the gaps, you are weak in, go back to the coursework and polish up on the areas.
- Try your hands on a virtual or real-life lab to employ different knowledge you get throughout CCNP Security exam preparation.
- Avoid delaying and last-minute hustles as you may overlook a lot of information essential for passing the exam.
- Engage in different online platforms and join study groups, thus getting help in areas where you are stuck.
Benefits of CCNP Security Certification
To the professionals who are advancing a career working with Cisco technologies and products, the CCNP Security certification draws many benefits. Here are a few benefits you can relish after earning the Cisco Certified Network Professional Security certification and adding it to your CV:
1. Verified Skills
Becoming Cisco Certified Network Professional demonstrates to the potential hiring managers that you have mastered the skills and knowledge needed to carry out given tasks. More so, Cisco certification confirms that you are highly devoted and committed to your career.
2. Paves Way Towards the Higher-Level Cisco Certifications
Every IT professional would dream of being in a higher position in their firm. The Cisco Certified Network Professional Security certification is a prerequisite for other higher-level certifications such as the CCIE, which are greatly respected and accepted in the industry. With higher-level Cisco certifications, you will surely be a trusted professional in your area of expertise.
3. CCNP Security Certification Boosts Your Earning Potential
Organizations are willing to pay higher pay packages based on many factors. One of them is the IT certifications one has achieved. The studies reveal that the Cisco Certified Network Professional Security certified professionals can make 8-12% more than non-certified IT professionals. Thus, CCNP Security salary is $113,369 a year.
4. Improved Credibility
Achieving a certification from a globally trusted vendor -Cisco confirms your credibility of learning and skills required in the industry. The Cisco Certified Network Professional Security certification from Cisco confirms that every professional has comprehensive and cutting-edge knowledge in Cisco techniques. Moreover, the Cisco certification exams are carefully planned and in accordance with industry requirements.
5. Amazing Career Prospects
The professionals who invest their time to achieve the Cisco Certified Network Professional Security certification typically create more opportunities. In gaining knowledge and skills, you will perceive the most common roles that require more employees. Thus, you will learn the tactics to penetrate the job silos and endure in a better position of getting hired.
To acquire excellent mastery of various skills in networking security, CCNP Security is a vital tool. To have a smoother time passing the CCNP Security exams, make sure that you follow the abovementioned tips and bear in mind the benefits.